User Experience Lead more... ▼
|Location:||Basking Ridge, NJ|
|First posted:||April 05, 2017|
The User Experience Lead will be an integral part of the Verizon Wireless Device Marketing UX Strategy & Design team. The User Experience Lead will work with cross-functional teams to ensure the creation of engaging, positive, user experiences and intuitive interfaces for device, mobile and application solutions created for Verizon customers. In this role, you will define interaction models, user task flows, UI specifications & requirements, communicate user scenarios, end-to-end experiences and screen designs to stakeholders. You will work with business members, technology partners, manufacturers, analysts, and visual designers to develop and incorporate the Verizon brand device experience.
The User Experience Lead will have a proven track record in user-centered design methodology and techniques. You will have a proven ability to lead, inspire and manage cross-functional team members to deliver best in class experiences. The User Experience Lead must possess strong communication and collaboration skills and experience working with all levels of management in obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables. You must take the role as user experience evangelist; promoting exceptional experience design that exceeds the needs of our customers, providing innovative and engaging experiences that will delight and excite our customers.
- Acts as a lead on all projects tasked with making complex user experience decisions.
- Collaborates closely with and assist in the definition and translation of business/functional requirements into user flows and wireframes.
- Facilitate user experience design sessions to identify business and technical requirements for technology, research and business initiatives to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
- Develop overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for technology and business initiatives at the level of detail and rigor needed by those who must base their work on the design.
- Creates site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications; analyzes usability test results; and develops user experience design briefs.
- Uses a variety of analytical techniques to gather and analyze design requirements (e.g. interviews, facilitated workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, workflow analysis, observations, etc.)
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and resolve conflicts.
- Provide information to support interaction design prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Manage changes to the interaction design and communicates them to the rest of the team.
- Define process improvements for the user experience team and works with the leadership team to communicate and uphold user experience standards.
- Work with creative and visual leads to co-evolve experience solutions through an iterative design process.
- Works with technical leads to understand technical systems and constraints so that design solutions are technically feasible and optimal.
- Build and advocate the development of UI guidelines, standards and requirements that serve as the foundation for designing cohesive experiences
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a “best approach” design with every project
- Define and prioritize design schedules, milestones and deliverables on multiple project initiatives
- Stay on top of changing UX design technologies, as well as corporate, organization, and industry standards to ensure leading-edge interpretation and execution of design applications
- Act as an internal consultant and subject matter expert providing business and technical guidance where appropriate.
- Analyze application builds to ensure the UI/UX expectations are upheld.
- Ability to step in and assist other members of the UX Strategy & Design team in order to meet aggressive project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 5+ years directly related web design, UX Design / Front-end mobile-web development experience, product design, product management, production management, marketing.
Strong technical proficiency with UX tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual, and Digital), Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information architecture, Marketing, or related UX field.
- Creative problem solving – not just having the ability to find problems, but to develop solutions and present multiple options.
- Experience leading projects and building consensus with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in advocating and successfully integrating good UX within an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with fluency in UX, business, and technology and an ability to present complex ideas in understandable ways.
- Understanding of current front-end web technologies and principles such as responsive design, Content Management Systems, Web Services and APIs.
- Working knowledge on implementing best UX practices within organization with proven demonstrable experience.
- Proven success in designing for large, and/or scalable customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- Experience with multiple design approaches including but not limited to responsive design, mobile first, and data driven design.
- Vast knowledge of the current Verizon device lineup.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming design trends.
- Experience with defining and measuring UX ROIs.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please mention GraphicDesignJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.