Senior U/X Designer, MRM//McCann more... ▼
|Location:||New York, NY|
|First posted:||January 14, 2017|
About this role : The Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for the successful planning and implementation of digital communication solutions for our clients.
Working closely with the strategy team, creative team, development team, account team and the client stakeholders, they create digital marketing experiences and tools that bridge web, mobile, email, and other digital media to direct how brands are expressed through digital interactions and how those interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
The role demands a keen awareness of digital trends, a high proficiency in user experience (UX) strategy and design, a capability in information architecture, competency in designing web applications, understanding of mobile usability, knowledge in marketing performance measurement, and familiarity with a number of marketing channels including B2B and B2C.
- Perform primary role in proposing UX strategy and tactics to our clients
- Produce documentation pertaining to digital solutions planning and design including business requirements, information architecture, UX/UI design (site maps and wireframes) and functional specifications
- Generate UI prototypes for the purposes of modeling, communicating and demonstrating key aspects of the user experience
- Author and communicate digital marketing POVs, analyses and other strategic recommendations
- Assess consumer and industry research, brand information, digital trends and relevant technical and user requirements in order to recommend digital solutions
- Working with the analytics discipline, assist in defining marketing success measurements, KPIs and other performance metrics
- Help our cross-functional teams develop and evolve digital solutions driven by value exchanges between a consumer (user) and a brand (business)
- Work with the account, strategy, media and creative disciplines in developing and presenting overall digital marketing solutions to existing and new business clients.
- Guide digital project implementation executed by multi-disciplinary teams of account and project managers, creative, motion graphic designers, and web developers from initiation through delivery
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including presentation, facilitation and client-facing skills
- Assist the account and project teams in the forming project budgets, schedules, and risk assessment
- Research, document and share specific practice knowledge with discipline and agency teams
- UX/UI - Demonstrates deep understanding of User Centered Design (UCD), responsive design and performance data-driven design principles; provides rationale and supporting data for UX recommendations; contributes in developing experiences and mapping customer journeys; has passion for representing the user POV and an intense curiosity about why people do what they do
- Information Architecture - Has an ability to map out complex information architectures in the form of site maps, user flows and other organizational diagrams linked to user needs
- Research - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data in creating digital marketing solutions
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Client - Presents UX concepts in an understandable, persuasive, and non-technical manner; responds promptly to client needs; effectively manages difficult client situations
- Project/Team - Communicates changes and progress; prioritizes work to complete on time and budget; operates with little or no supervision; collaborates with team members in strategy and design; solid communication and management skills
- Must be very capable in information architecture, usability, UX/UI modeling, workflow diagramming, technical business writing, and web statistics reporting tools
- High proficiency with Omnigraffle, sketch, invision, or other diagramming/prototyping tools
- Strong proficiency with presentation software including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word for long-form project and technical documentation
- High capability in using Microsoft Excel for data analysis
- Some capability in using web analytics tools (SiteCatalyst) for performance analysis
- Familiarity with web and software development technologies
MRM//McCann is committed to being the most relevant, effective, indispensable marketing agency in the digital world. We are a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to meet each client's unique challenges with positive, measureable results. Our strategic, creative and technological expertise-including deep experience with segmentation, targeting, and analytical tools and methodologies- deliver the most effective marketing programs and platforms in the world.
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Please mention GraphicDesignJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.